Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rolling on to 9 months....

This little girl changes every day... her latest thing is growling at things when she's trying to learn how to make them work. Ken refers to her as 'the little bear.' Tooth number 2 looks like it's pretty close to making an appearance as well, so that might be part of the growling. Ken is enjoying staying home with his little bear, and I'm missing both of them while I'm at work every day. Last week we took her to Seward Park and walked around it, next to Lake Washington. She was mildly interested in all the water, but more interested in all the people on the trail.

We're not sure how much weight she's gained, but we're guessing she's probably around 15 pounds now. She has a doctor appointment and an eye appointment at the end of the month (hopefully no more shots at the doctor!)...

Her hair is coming in nicely, after the last haircut they gave her at the orphanage. It's curly on top and on the sides, and straight in other areas - it will be interesting to see how it looks as it grows longer!

In two weeks we are going to visit some of the other people we went to Ethiopia with. It will be her first overnight trip since we got home, so fingers crossed that she sleeps ok in her travel crib. It will be a little test to see how well she does away from home, and then maybe we can try some more short trips. We're really looking forward to seeing our adoption buddies again, too!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Shelley,
I love the photos- can't wait to see all of you! I've tried to explain to the kids that Netsanet is coming to our house- I'm not sure they understand- but I can't wait to see their faces when they see you again.

We have our first post placement visit on 5/30