I can't believe that Ken's been home with Net for 3 months already! Tomorrow is D-day - he goes back to work and I start staying home with the little bear. I'm excited and also a bit nervous... I know it will be easier now than when I stayed at home with her the first couple of weeks (where she screamed if you stopped walking and bouncing her), but I'm still nervous that it will go ok. I've found myself getting a little ticked at people who imply that this will be a 3-month long vacation. Come serve our small bear for 24 hours and tell me if it still feels like a vacation! Bottle washer, formula mixer, personal clown, spa worker? - yes, all those things. Vacation? - No. It will be fun to see her change over the next three months, and really spend more time with her - but it will also be a lot of work.
Anyway, I'm sure Ken will miss being at home with her, especially since he *loves* his job soooo much. It's very amusing that's he's kind of a neurotic dad. I tease him that he should just have the baby monitor surgically implanted in his head to save the energy of picking it up and putting it against his ear every 27 seconds. It's really endearing so see how much he loves this little girl! He's done a good job over the last 3 months, and I bet he's going to miss seeing her all day long. I fully expect to get several phone calls a day, asking to speak to the little bear...
The weather has finally started cooperating and agreed to be summer, so we should have a good time going out for walks. Net really enjoys seeing something new every day, so I've been working on a mental list of potential outings we can do without a car. We're lucky to live in an area where bus service and walking distance to things are easy.
I'm miffed, though, that Zipcar (previously Flexcar) has no options for carseats, aside from lugging your own along. Highly unlikely that I'm going to haul Netsanet and a full sized carseat 10 blocks uphill to the nearest Zipcar location. That means that my fantabulous car sharing membership will completely go to waste in the next few months. Bummer, but at least it's summer and there are lots of things to do that don't require a car!
Speaking of finally summer, little Miss Net doesn't particularly enjoy the super hot weather. There is a lot of whiny complaining sounds that come out of her when it gets over 90 degrees, like it did a couple of weeks ago. We put some water in the kiddie pool we bought and tried cooling her off that way, but no dice. She stood with one foot in the water and one foot pulled up like a flamingo and cried like we were placing her naked on an ice floe. I ended up sitting in the water fully clothed with her on my lap, so she could touch the water but didn't have to sit in it. OK, maybe I'm a neurotic parent, too ;-)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment