Friday, March 26, 2010

Potty training and other terrible twos fun

Still no love on the potty training! We are ramping it up this month and trying a friend's suggestion to have her wear underwear around the house instead of pull-ups. If anyone has other suggestions, too, let me know! I have tried treats, books, regular sitting on the potty even when she doesn't have to go... still no love. I'm getting nervous because she starts preschool in the fall and MUST be potty trained by then. The pressure's on!

Net has been feeling her oats lately and been pretty ornery. She has her good days and bad, and I'm assured by other parents that the good days will me the majority soon. I hope so! This winter has been a tough one.

In spite of being a crabenstein sometimes, the twos are definitely a cute age. She is talking a lot now and making observations about things (seasons, days of the week, etc). She speaks in full sentences and DEFINITELY makes her opinion known. This is not a timid girl! She's also quite the comedian, and does things specifically to make other people laugh. She's extremely outgoing and wants to have a close conversation with everyone she meets. Ken takes her to the grocery store after daycare every day, and she runs and makes her rounds. Needless to say, they love her!

She's also wanting to help a lot, so we've worked out how she can stand on a chair in the kitchen and help me stir things and put dinner together. It's really cool to see how that little brain is developing so fast. She is so smart! (but then, I'm biased ;-)

Well, this has been a very busy spring and it's a short post. I'm definitely looking forward to summer, and maybe a little vacation is in our future :)

2 comments:

MikeO said...

Peter is almost three and at daycare he is great at going potty. The teacher makes the kids try every 45 minutes whether they need to go or not. I think the peer pressure helps. At home it is a struggle. He wants to wear underwear like Dan at school and we even picked some out a couple of weeks ago but he still doesn't tell us when he needs to go. I bought a Elmo potty training book with a calendar and stickers. The calendar is outside the bathroom. Some days there are lots of stickers and then other days there are no stickers.

Shelley said...

Glad to hear we're not the only ones, Mike! I can't believe Peter is almost 3 already... do you still have a blog for him? It would be great to see pictures. I hope all is well with you three!!!

Potty training has become much more successful since my last post - I'll put some info on what worked for us up here in a minute :)